Laboratory of engineering geophysics and shallow-depth electrical
methods includes several scientific groups, headed by prof. A.A.Ogilvi
and prof.V.A.Bogoslovsky, by prof.V.K.Khmelevskoy and by assoc.
prof. I.N.Modin and V.A.Shevnin.
Topics of investigations in the laboratory of engineering geophysics
and shallow-depth electrical methods:
1. Study of dynamics and pollution of underground water with the methods
of borehole and aquatorial geophysics.
2. Study of hydrotechnical constructions:
- Water leakage from reservoirs;
- The technical status of earth dams;
- Water leakage from channels;
- Studies of secondary water deposits, caused from long term water leakage.
3. Hydro-reclamation studies, including aeration zone;
4. Studies of exogenic processes: karst, landslides, permafrost phenomena.
5. Geo-ecological studies;
- study of technogenic pollution sources, including waste deposits and
- ecological-geophysical division of the territory;
- spatial mapping of pollution;
6. Geophysical studies on shallow-water aquatoria.
7. Development of resistivity method, algorithms and software
for the decision of forward and inverse problems for different earth models:
horisontally-layered earth, 2D and 3D models, anisotropic models and different
combinations of these models.
- A.A.Ogilvy, M.A.Ayed, V.A.Bogoslovsky. Geophysical studies of water
leakages from reservoirs. Geophysical Prospecting, vol.XVII, N1, 1969.
- V.A.Bogoslovsky, A.A.Ogilvy. Natural potential anomalies as a quatitative
index of the rate of seepage from water reservoirs. Geophysical Prospecting,
vol.XVIII, N2, 1970.
- V.A.Bogoslovsky, A.A.Ogilvy and N.A.Strakhova. Magnetometric and electrometric
methods for the investigation of the dynamics of landslide processes. Geophysical
Prospecting, vol.XXV, N2, 1977.
- A.A.Ogilvy and V.A.Bogoslovsky. The possibilities of geophysical methods
applied for investigating the impact of the man on the geological medium.
Geophysical Prospecting, vol.27, N4, 1979.
- V.A.Bogoslovsky and A.A.Ogilvy. The possibilities of geophysical control
of man-made changes in the geological environment. Engineering geology.
22 (1986) 301-315. Elsevier Science Publishers B.V.
- V.A.Bogoslovsky and A.A.Ogilvy. Application of geophysical methods
for studying the technical status of earth dams. Supplement Geophysical
Prospecting, vol.XVIII, 1970.
- V.A.Bogoslovsky and A.A.Ogilvy. Electrometric observations of antifiltrational
cementation curtaines. Geophysical Prospecting, vol.XXI, N2, 1973.
119899, Russia, Moscow, Moscow State University, Geological Faculty,
Department of Geophysics
Tel. : (7-095) 939 38 82