The most reliable approach to VES data processing on our opinion consist in canceling geological noise before interpretation. That allows to rise greatly the quality of interpretation.
For effective canceling geological noise the special electrical sounding technology is needed. We consider TES - the total electrical sounding technology as one of the best for that purpose.
In many cases after canceling geological noise 1D interpretation gives quite satisfactory results and 2D procedure is not needed.
2. I.N.Modin. V.A.Shevnin, E.V.Pervago, A.A.Bobatchev, M.N.Marchenko, A.V. Lubchikova. Distortions of VES data, caused by subsurface inhomogeneities. Extended Abstracts of EAEG 56-th Annual Meeting, Austria, Vienna, June 610, 1994, P129.
3. Electrical prospecting by resistivity method. M., MSU edition, 1994, 160 pp. (In Russian).
4. R.D.Barker (1992) A simple algorithm for electrical imaging of the subsurface. First Break, 10, 5362.
5. John W. Tukey. 1977. Exploratory data analysis. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
6. Non-contact resistivity measurements. I.N.Modin, D.K.Bolshakov, B.G.Sapognikov,
V.A.Shevnin. Report, presented at Annual EAGE conference, June 1996, Amsterdam,
Please feel free to send us your comments.